Great movie, one of my favorites of all time.
Anybody seen this movie? It's kinda quirky, but a nice movie all around. Best part is where the father is telling a story to his future daughter in law. Here it is:
I remember when I was young, I had a dream that a crow came to me and told me my aunt would die the next day. I ran and told my parents and they just shrugged me off. Well, the next day, she dropped dead. My parents said it was only coincidence. The next night, I had the same dream, except the crow said my daddy would die. Well, I ran and told my dad about that and he said not to worry. Well, the next morning, I could tell he was worried as he went off to work. When he came home that evening, he looked like he had the weight of the world on his shoulders. He asked my mom if anything had happened that day and she said "It was so awful.....the milkman died on our front porch!"
The funniest part, however is when he gets through telling it, the daughter in law looks like she doesn't get the story....he leans over and says "See, my momma was banging the milkman!"
[img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]
Great movie, one of my favorites of all time.
I love this movie.
One of my favorite parts is the very end....I cry everytime I watch it.
William Bloom (Albert Finney) reminds me of my dad. I guess that's one of the reasons I like this movie so much...
Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war minus the shooting.
George Orwell
Very good movie.....one of the better ones overall I have seen in the past couple of years.
Yeah, great movie. One of my favorite scenes is when he first meets his wife at the circus. Amazing how it was described.
Yeah, that's another great scene. And so true to life...how everything works in your mind when you meet someone that makes time stop like that.
I mean, that's what I imagine it to be like, anyway.... [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war minus the shooting.
George Orwell
Oh yeah, trust me. Thats about how it goes. Thats why I loved that scene so much! Its so true. The stories you hear growing up, seem much bigger when your growing up than when you get all growns'd up. lol
i saw it not long ago on hbo i think it was really good. the way the boy finds out the truth about his fathers tales is great.
"Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself"...Ole Tob
It's one of my favorite movies. GREAT!
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
Bookmarks